The LVCSD is grateful to the LVEPC for all that they do for the community and for maintaining the LVEPC section of the website.
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Without our volunteers all of the wonderful things listed on this page would not be possible...thank you.
|The objectives of the LVEPC are:
- To promote the welfare of children in our community.
- To bring a closer relationship between the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To serve as a forum for informed discussion and exchange of ideas.
- To assist the Board of Education in establishing for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and character education.
- To foster a closer relationship between the home and school so that parents and teachers can cooperate intelligently in the education of our children.
- To assist the Board of Education in establishing, for all children, a solid foundation for future learning leading to lifelong success.
Some of the great things we have accomplished are:
- Addition of Epson Bright Link interactive whiteboards and software to 25 classrooms in grades K-5.
- Principal’s Book of the Month, each classroom in grades K-5 receive a book selected and read by the principal.
- New arts programs spanning the next three years, including interactive sessions with professional artists, musicians, and visits to theatrical shows.
- AMP will be receiving new basketball hoops.
- The purchase of Google Chromebooks complete with storage/charging carts for grades 2-5.
- Extension of the arts program for an additional 3 years including interactive sessions with professional artists, musicians and visits to theatrical shows.
- New equipment for the LVI science lab as well as lab equipment for AMP.
- Indoor recess carts for both AMP & LVI.
- March 31st - Spring Benefit - 7:30-10:30pm Nassau County Country Club
- April 19th - Parent Council Meeting @ 9:15am - LVI cafeteria
- April 26th 6-9pm - Daddy Daughter Dance - Flyer
- May 2nd - Kindergarten Orientation
- May 9-12th - Spring Plant Sale
- May 18th - Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- June 7th - Parent Council Meeting - Volunteer Appreciation @ 9:15am - LVI cafeteria
- June 9th - AMP Field Day (Rain Date June 12th)
- June 13th - Grade 5 Picnic (Rain Date June 14th)
- June 15th - Grade 5 Breakfast
- June 20th - LVI Field Day (Rain Date June 21st)
- June 22nd 6pm - Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony
Future Sponsored Activities & Meeting Dates