back to space unit
Moon Phase Reflection questions:
In a 2-3 paragraph essay answer the following questions about the moon phase lab that was performed in class: DO NOT JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Write the answers in a paragraph.
1. How many phases of the moon are there?
2. Does the moon actually change shape? Explain.
3. What causes these phases?
4. Which phases of the moon are similar in shape?
5. When the moon is in total darkness, the phase is called a new moon. Why does this occur?
6. At what points are the Sun, moon and Earth at right angles to each other?
7. At what points are the Sun, moon and Earth in a straight line with each other?
8. Beginning with the new moon, list in order the shapes of the
that are visible as the moon revolves around the Earth.